Papers about Architectures for Autonomous Systems, Context Aware Systems, and
Situation Modeling by James L. Crowley
1) Experimental Environments for Computer Vision and Image Processing,
Edited by H. I. Christensen and J. L. Crowley , World Scientific Press, Singapore,
2) Vision as Process, J. L. Crowley and H. I Christensen (Eds.), Springer
Verlag, Heidelberg, 1994.
Chapters of Books
- J. L. Crowley, "Things that See: Context-Aware
Multi-modal Interaction", in "Cognitive Vision Systems", Edited by H.
H. Nagel, Springer Verlag, March 2006.
- J. L. Crowley, "Vision as Process: An Integrated Active Vision
System", in Vision in Context , edited by D. Vernon, Springer Verlag,
- J. L. Crowley, "Towards Continuously Operating Integrated Vision Systems
for Robotics Applications", in Theory and Applications of Image Analysis,
Eds P. Johansen and S. Olsen, World Scientific Publishing, 1992.
- "The Composite Surface Model: Unifying Information from Different Sensory
Modalities", Actes du Deuxième Colloque de la Fondation Fyssen, Editeur
M. Imbert, Fondation Fyssen, Paris, 1987.
- C. Le Gal, J. Martin, A. Lux, J. L. Crowley, "Smart Office: An Intelligent
Interactive Environment", IEEE Intelligent Systems, July/August 2001.
- J. L. Crowley, J. Coutaz and F. Bérard, "Things
that See: Machine Perception for Human Computer Interaction", Communications
of the A.C.M., Vol 43, No. 3, pp 54-64, March 2000
- J. L. Crowley, "Integration and Control
of Reactive Visual Processes", Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol 16,
No. 1, pp17-27, november 1995
- O. Causse and J. L. Crowley, "Planning and Execution Control for an
Autonomous Mobile Robot", Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol 12, Nos
3-4, p 213-222, April 1994.
- J. L. Crowley and H.I. Christensen, "Integration of Visual Processes",
Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, december 1993.
- J. L. Crowley, "Planning and Execution of Tasks in a Domestic Robot", Journal
of Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Elsevier Press, Octobre, 1989.
- J. L. Crowley, "Coordination of Action
and Perception in a Surveillance Robot", IEEE Expert, November 1987.
- J. L. Crowley et J. Coutaz,"Navigation et Modelisation pour un Robot Mobile",
avec T.S.I., October 1986.
- J. L. Crowley, "Navigation for an Intelligent
Mobile Robot", IEEE Journal on Robotics and Automation, JRA 1 (1), March
Publications at International Conferences
All documents are formatted in European A4 format.
- J. L. Crowley, "Autonomic Computer Vision Systems", International Conference on vision Systems, ICVS 07, Bielefeld Germany, March 07.J. L. Crowley, "Context Driven Observation
of Human Activity", European Symposium on Ambient Intelligence, Amsterdam,
3-5 November 2003.
- J. L. Crowley and P. Reignier, Dynamic
Composition of Process Federations for Context Aware Perception of Human Activity,
International Conference on Integration of Knowledge Intensive Multi-Agent
Systems, KIMAS’03, 1-3 October 2003, Cambridge MA, USA
- J. L. Crowley, J. Coutaz, G. Rey and P. Reignier, "Perceptual
Components for Context Aware Computing", UBICOMP 2002, International Conference
on Ubiquitous Computing, Goteborg, Sweden, September 2002.
- J. L. Crowley, "Context Aware Observation
of Human Activities", IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and
Expo, ICME-2002, Lausanne, Aug 2002.
- J. L. Crowley and F. Berard, "Multi-Modal Tracking
of Faces for Video Communications", 1997 IEEE Conference on Computer Vision
and Pattern Recognition, CVPR '97, Puerto Rico, June 17-19, 1997.
- J. Coutaz, F. Berard and J. L. Crowley,"Coordination
of Perceptual Processes for Computer Mediated Communication", FG96 - International
Conference on Face and Gesture Recognition, Vermont, Oct 1996.
- J. L. Crowley and H. I. Christensen, "Integration
and Control of Active Visual Processes", IROS 95, Pittsburgh, August 1995.
- J. L. Crowley, F. Bérard and J. Coutaz, "Finger
Tracking as an Input Device for Augmented Reality", FG95- International
Conference on Gesture and Face Recognition, Zurich, June 1995.
- J. L. Crowley and J. M. Bedrune,"Integration
and Control of Reactive Visual Processes", 1994 European Conference on
Computer Vision, (ECCV-'94), Stockholm, may 94.
- O. Causse and J. L. Crowley, "Planning and Execution Control for an Autonomous
Mobile Robot", IEEE Conference on Robotics and Autonomous Systems, San Diego,
- J. L. Crowley, "Real Time Active Vision Systems", International Symposium
on Artificial Intelligence, Nagoya, Japon, november, 1992
- J. L. Crowley, "Towards Continously Operating Integrated Vision Systems
for Robotics Applications", Keynote Talk, 7th S.C.I.A., Aalborg, August 1991.
- J. L. Crowley, P. Reignier, O. Causse, F. Wallner, "Layers of Control in
Autonomous Navigation", Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics, Aachen, July
- J. L. Crowley, P. Reignier, O. Causse, F. Wallner, "Action Level Behaviours
for Locomotion and Perception", Second ISER, Toulouse, June
- J. L. Crowley, "Control of Translation
and Rotation in a Robot Vehicle", IEEE IROS-II, Tsukuba, Japan, Sept.
- J. L. Crowley, "Coordination of Action and Perception in a Surveillance
Robot", 1987 International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, IJCAI
'87, Kaufman Press, Milan, August 1987.
- J. L. Crowley, "Navigation and World Modeling for a Mobile Robot: Recent
Progress", 3rd International Conference on Robotics in Construction, Marseille,
- J. L. Crowley, "Navigation for an Intelligent Mobile Robot", IEEE Conf.
on Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Denver, December, 1984.